The Natural History Museum
invites you to attend our 13th annual
Earth Day Celebration 2013 – The Face of Climate Change
Saturday, April 20 • 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
412 South McClelland, Santa Maria, CA 93454
Fun and educational activities for the whole family! Win a bike! – Tickets $ 2 .00 each
A Zero Waste Event sponsored by Rotary Club of the Five CitiesECO
Live! at the Museum (Live Animals on Display)
This popular activity will be every other month for the year 2013. Check the SM Sun magazine for specifics or call the museum.
Other Activities include:
- Music and Dancing • Barbecue and Cookie Sale
- Engaging Activities for Kids • Story Circle and Crafts
- Barbecue with Rotary Club of the Five Cities‐ECO & Pete Ruiz • Cookie Sale by the Camp
- Fire Girls • Information Booths by Friends of Waller Park • Community Action
- Commission • Fund for Santa Barbara and the Humane Society • Bike Raffle
- Spring Edible Garden Demonstration and Plants by The Green Team • Hybrid
- Autos on Display • and much more! Questions? Call us at 805.614.0806.
Schedule of events:
11:00 a.m. / Presenting the Flag, Camp Fire Girls, Welcome from Board President Tahir Masood
11:15 a.m. / 2013 Earth Day Conservation Awards Presentation, Mayor Alice Patino
11:30 a.m. /Mr. Bigger’s Santa Maria Bonita Ukulele Band “The Fleas”
12:00 noon. / Story circle and crafts with Chumash descendant Jill Hunt, SM Public Library, Children’s Room
12:00 noon. / Keynote Speaker: Ray Weymann, “Climate Change: What does it mean to us on the Central Coast?”
12:30 p.m. / Righetti High School Marimba Band and Ballet Folklorico
12:45 p.m. / Story circle and crafts with Santa Barbara artist and author Patti Jacquemain*, SM Public Library, Children’s Room
2:00 p.m. / Bike Raffle
Thank you to our Community sponsors:
The Home Depot, SM SUN, KOHL’S Cares, Rabobank, MorganStanley/SmithBarney, City of Santa Maria – Park & Rec, Home Motors of Santa Maria, Honda of Santa Maria, Lassens Natural Foods & Vitamins, Tahir Masood of Premier Valley Bank, Santa Maria-Bonita School District, Santa Maria Public Library, Toyota of Santa Maria & McDonald’s.